Recently I’ve been craving food with strong flavours, something to mix up my regular routine. The sundried tomatoes in this recipe definitely give it some zing! You can have this as a meal, but it works well as a side dish as well.
1 cup couscous
1 cup raw cashews (for at least 8 hours)
¾ cup almond milk
1 clove garlic
8-10 sundried tomatoes diced
3 cremini mushrooms
¾ cup black olives
¼ cup green onions chopped
- Cook couscous according to instructions – set aside
- In a blender combine cashews, almond milk, and garlic. Blend until smooth
- In a frying pan saute mushrooms (approx. 2-3 mins). Add tomatoes and olives to heat them.
- In a large bowl combine couscous and cashew sauce and mix the sauce through thoroughly.
- Add mushroom mixture and green onions. Mix it up and enjoy!