These are something that I always wanted to make, but never got around to it. Why? I have no idea! I love the fact that stuffed peppers are versatile – change the filling and you change the whole dish!
4 bell peppers (any colour)
1.5 to 2 cups cooked quinoa
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp nutritional yeast*
½ cup black beans
½ cup corn
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, set aside and let cool. This is an important step as we don’t want to add the egg to hot quinoa – it will cook the egg!
- Cut the tops off the peppers and take out the seeds. Place peppers in a 9 x 9 baking dish with a thin layer of water at the bottom
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and egg. Mix until the egg is thoroughly combined with the quinoa
- Add the onion, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and nutritional yeast. Mix well.
- Fold in the black beans and corn
- Divide mixture between the peppers
- Bake covered for 20 mins. Remove cover after 20 mins and bake uncovered for an additional 10 mins.
*You can use cheese instead of nutritional yeast if you prefer and use the amount to your preference. Id suggest using a Parmigiano Reggiano for this recipe.