The burrito bowl…all the comfort and deliciousness of a burrito without the extra carbs. This meal is pretty versatile, so you can add any other veggies that you want and make it your own!
1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
½ cup black beans
1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
For the sauce
½ cup cashews (soaked)
½ cup almond milk
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
- Cook quinoa according to directions (typically 1.5 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa).
- If not using canned black beans, make sure boil them for about 20 mins.
- In a blender, combine cashews, almond milk, yeast, garlic powder, and a pinch of sea salt. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa and “cheese” sauce. Stir until combined.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, and onions to the quinoa mixture and stir enough to mix up all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Recipe makes 2-3 servings.