These have been a staple in my diet forever. It never occurred to me to actually SHARE this recipe! I typically eat these in the afternoon when I need a quick pick-me up to get through the 3:00 slump. They’re also a great pre-workout snack as they have both carbs and protein. Plants for the win!
2 cups dried pitted dates
1 cup dried tart cherries
½ cup cashews
1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder
¼ cup of water (maybe a little less)
- Line a large plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it forms a dough consistency.
- Roll dough into 1 ½ -2 inch balls and place on prepared plate/baking sheet.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
*Recipe makes 12 – 15 bites.