I absolutely LOVE the smell of baked goods on a rainy Saturday morning! I also find baking to be very therapeutic, a great way to decompress after a long week. These blueberry muffins are actually very light and got a good rise when I baked them. Plus I love watching the blueberries explode in the oven!
2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup canola oil
1 mashed banana
1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk, or mix with a fork to combine all ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana until there are little to no chunks left.
- Add banana, almond milk, canola oil, and vinegar to the dry ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon evenly into muffin pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20 mins
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 mins before removing from pan.
- Finish cooling on a rack.
*This recipe makes 12 muffins. Typically I can’t finish 12 muffins before they go bad so I put half of them in the freezer. They should last for a few weeks.