Oh comfort food…how I love you. There’s just something about a “cheesy” casserole that can just make bad days seem good.
Approximately 3.5 cups (dry) penne
1 ½ cup diced cremini mushrooms
3 cups broccoli florets
1 2/3 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
1 ½ cups almond milk
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a high speed blender, combine cashews, milk, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Process until smooth.
- Steam broccoli until slightly tender
- In a medium frying pan, sauté mushrooms for 4-5 mins
- Cook pasta according to directions
- In a large casserole dish, add the pasta, mushrooms, and sauce. Stir until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Mix in Dijon mustard.
- Add the broccoli florets and mix until the broccoli is coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle a layer of bread crumbs on top of the pasta dish.
- Bake covered at 375° for 20 mins.
- Remove the cover and bake uncovered for an additional 10mins