I’ve recently gotten into the juicing craze, but I absolutely HATE wasting food. If you’ve every juiced fruits and vegetables, then you know that there is a lot of left over pulp. What do you do with it all other than put it into the compost? This recipe gives you a great option (for carrots at least!). These carrot cupcakes are delicious and have no added sugar!
For the carrot cake:
Approximately 4-5 cups of the pulp from juiced carrots
1 cup of dried white mulberries
1 cup of pitted dates
½ cup of raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla
For the icing:
1 ¼ cup soaked cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight)
½ cup coconut water
¼ cup coconut cream
5-6 pitted dates
- In a food processor, combine the pulp, mulberries, dates, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla. Pulse until combined. It will start to clump together in the food processor, this mean that it’s done.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Start spreading your carrot mixture into the pan, making sure you press down firmly on the mixture.
- In a high speed blender, add the cashews, coconut water, coconut cream, and dates. Process until the mixture is smooth and has an icing texture.
- Remove the cupcakes from the muffin pan.
- Decorate your cupcakes! You can use a piping bag, spoon, spreader, whatever you like depending on how creative you want to be!
- You can also top the cupcakes with crushed pistachios, shredded coconut, orange or lemon zest, just to name a few.
- Store cupcakes in the refrigerator.