What I love about stir-frys is that they are SO versatile…change the sauce and you essentially change the entire dish. This recipe can be made with mild spice or you can really turn up the heat; whatever you prefer.
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
Brown rice vermicelli
For the sauce:
2 cups soaked peanuts
1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3/4 to 1 cup water
Juice of one lemon
3 tbsp low sodium soya sauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tsp chili pepper flakes (or more if you want extra heat!)
- In a high speed blender, combine peanuts, peanut butter, water, lemon juice, soya sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper flakes. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, cook pepper, cabbage, and snow peas. You can add any other vegetables that you have on hand!
- Cook vermicelli according to directions.
- Add desired amount of sauce to the vegetables in the frying pan and heat for approximately 2 mins. (I usually go a bit lighter on the sauce in case I want left overs).
- Plate the vermicelli and top with the vegetable/sauce combo.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.