Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day. That whole “breakfast for dinner” thing…totally my jam. During the week it’s hard to go all out on breakfast considering I give myself 7 minutes for breakfast (yes I’ve timed it!). Weekends are a great time to experiment with new recipes and treat yourself! This recipe makes quite a few small pancakes, so it would definitely serve 2 people. I tried eating all of them myself and didn’t make it through the stack!
For the pancakes:
1 cup oat flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 – 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
For the sauce:
½ cup fresh blue berries
3 tbsp coconut cream
Coconut water (this is if you want a thinner sauce)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar THEN add to the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into frying pan and cook until browned on the outside, flipping as needed
- In a blender, combine the blueberries, coconut cream, and coconut water.
- Pour sauce over pancakes and enjoy!