You can never go wrong with butternut squash! Spiralized veggies is a great alternative to your regular grain based pastas and there’s a lot more nutrients in them too!
1 butternut squash, spiralized
4 vine tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
¾ cup red onion
½ tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp rosemary
½ tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse tomatoes until finely chopped
- In a medium sized pan, sauté garlic and onion over medium heat until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, and sea salt to the pan and simmer until most of the tomato juice is evaporated.
- In a separate pan, sauté the squash noodles until soft
- Plate the noodles, pour sauce over top, and enjoy!
*Tip: If you find the squash noodles taking a long time to cook, add about 1 tbsp of water to the pan and cover with a tight fitting lid for 2-3 mins.