My love for coconut is pretty new. For years I had convinced myself that I didn’t like it. Not too long ago, I decided to give it another try and man oh man had I been missing out! These muffins are coconutty, moist, and so so good.
1 – 1 ½ cup chopped strawberries
2 cups coconut flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ cup coconut sugar
1 ½ – 2 cups non-dairy milk
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar – mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the non-dairy milk, coconut oil, and vanilla – whisk vigorously.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and combine using a hand mixer.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners
- Fill half way with dough, pressing down firmly into the pan
- Add approx. ½ tsp of strawberry jam into the centre of each muffin.
- Fill the remaining portion of the muffin with the dough, pressing down softly this time so the jam doesn’t go flying everywhere!
- Bake at 350° for 20 – 25 mins