I had a craving for veggie burgers this past weekend and of course they sell that at the market, but I definitely had sticker shock – $6.99 for 2 burgers! So I said heck no to that and decided to make my own. The result is literally one of the best veggie burgers I’ve ever had. Not to mention instead of getting 2 patties, this recipe yields 8 large patties! So good, so filling, and all natural ingredients. I topped all this off with a lemon-dill sauce which has just the perfect amount of tang. If you can’t tell already, I’m super excited to share this one with you!
For the veggie burgers:
2 sweet potatoes, cooked
2 cups chickpeas
1 ½ cup oat flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup green onions, diced
2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp sea salt
For the lemon-dill sauce
½ cup cashews
The juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh dill
1 ½ tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp water
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes and chickpeas. You can leave some chickpea chunks to add texture to the burgers.
- Add oat flour and stir until combined.
- Add garlic, onions, Dijon, olive oil, and sea salt. Stir until combined.
- Using a large spoon make the patties and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 15-20 mins.
While the patties are baking it’s time to make the sauce! In a high speed blender, add cashews, lemon juice, dill, nutritional yeast, and water. Blend until almost entirely smooth.