There are TONS of pre-made soups available at the market today. Every time I see these soups I always think, “I can make that!” So I decided to give it a whirl and this was the outcome. The best part of making your own soup is that you know exactly what is in it. No preservatives and no ingredients you can’t pronounce!
2 cloves garlic
2/3 cups red onion
1.5 cup of veggie broth
1 cup water
1 head of cauliflower
1 jar of roasted red peppers
A few leaves of basil
3 tbsp chives
- Steam cauliflower until very soft – let cool slightly
- In a food processor, combine cauliflower and peppers. Process until nearly smooth.
- Add ½ cup of veggie broth to cauliflower/pepper mixture, and process until combined. It should start looking a bit like a paste.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic and onions over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add cauliflower mixture, 1 cup vegetable broth, water, and basil to the saucepan.
- Stir until everything is combined and it takes on a soup consistency.
- Let simmer for approximately 15 mins.
- Dish into soup bowls and sprinkle chives on top
- Add salt and pepper to taste.